This year, kick your gratitude practice up a notch with Gratitude on the Move: Living in Grateful Response.
You’re thankful…so no what? How will you live out that gratitude? Practice gratitude this Thanksgiving season by acting on the things you are grateful for.
Some examples might be:
- I am grateful for my family, so I’m going to call my mom today.
- I am thankful for my kids, so I’m making (or taking them out to) a favorite meal tonight.
- I’m grateful for the earth, so I’m going meatless today to lower my carbon footprint.
- I am grateful for my mobility, so I’m taking a walk outside today.
- I am grateful for food on my table, so I’m donating some to those who don’t have enough.
- I am thankful I have health insurance, so I’m going to write my congresspeople and ask them to see that everyone has health insurance.
Get creative. Have fun with it. Share how you are living in grateful response on social media using #gratitudeonthemove.
Rev. Anne Russ is an ordained pastor in the Presbyterian Church (USA), currently based in New York City. Doubting Believer provides tools and encouragement for the rollercoaster ride of your faith journey. Follow me on Facebook , Instagram and YouTube. You can also follow on TikTok. Get emails to keep up with all that is happening.